Laura's Hereafter (Il domani di Laura, sub eng) Directed by Costantino Maiani won the Best Feature Film Award
Florence (Italy), present time.
Laura is a forty-five years old married woman, with a teenage daughter.
Laura starts to express a feeling of discomfort both at home and work, due to a sexual abuse: the abuse is never shown, or mentioned, except for two quick flashbacks, where the raper approaches Laura, who sees him in a POV shot.
This shocking event undermines Laura's serenity. Her quality of life starts to get worse: she has nightmares, physical disease and abnormal behaviour.
A new director, Stefania, comes to the company where Laura is working: at first Laura is unable to have a good relation with her. Afterwards, a connection between them arises, thanks to Stefania, and the two women become friends. Laura will find the strenght to open herself up to Stefania: she will talk to her about the sexual abuse and agree to go to a Center for women against violence, following the advice of her new friend.
Under the Patronage of Comune di Firenze and CNA Firenze Metropolitana.
Project supported by the Foundations CR Firenze and Il Cuore si Scioglie Onlus.
About the Director: Costantino Maiani
Born in Florence (Italy) on January 7th, 1972
- "Paysages 1" (5', 2007), selected at London International Documentary Festival, British Museum (2007)
- "Analogic" (10', 2008)
- "Clarice vede il futuro" (10', 2008)
- "Showreel Aphrodia" (4', 2009), screened at XXIV Salone Internazionale del Libro, Torino (2011)
- "Florentine Andromak" (5', 2009), screened at XXIV Salone Internazionale del Libro, Torino (2011)
- "Gioiezza" (41', 2009)
- "Find Your Way" (7', 2009/2010)
- "Libellula" (48', 2011/2012)
- "Esercizi 1 - 6" (2013 - 2015)
- "La Passione del Nostro Signore Gesù Cristo" (129', 2014)
- "Beata Giulia da Certaldo" (26', 2016), selected at Tuscany Web Fest, Lucca (2017)
- "Albanian Symphony" (14', 2017), selected at Cefalù Film Festival (2018)
- "Il domani di Laura" ("Laura's Hereafter", 82', 2019), 'Best Feature Film' and 'Special Mention for Cultural Value (Feature Film)' at Montelupo Fiorentino International Independent Film Festival (2019); Marché du Film, Festival de Cannes (2020)
- "Le regole dell'armonia" (2020/2021, short, editing)
Work in Progress
- "La musica e il buio" ("The Musik and the Dark"; feature, biopic on Mario Castelnuovo Tedesco)
Trailer of: Laura's Hereafter (Il domani di Laura, sub eng)
Behind the scene